The ToneWoodAmp is not a traditional amplifier. But rather a unique multi-effects processor that attaches to the back of an acoustic guitar. (acoustic-electric or pickup-equipped) The ToneWoodAmp attaches to the guitar via a supplied magnetic brace. The ToneWoodAmp brace is placed inside the guitar and held in place with non-invasive double-sided tape. The pickup’s output is plugged into the ToneWoodAmp main unit, which produces its effects by vibrating the guitar’s back and using the guitar’s resonant chamber to amplify the effect-processed tones.
The ToneWoodAmp unit is about the same dimensions as an iPhone 7 Plus but thicker. The unit provides three multi-function rotary controls for adjusting effect, parameter, and amplitude settings. Effects consist of hall, room and plate reverb, delay, tremolo, leslie, auto wah and overdrive, and each effect has three adjustable parameters.
The guitar’s pickup plugs into a 1/4-inch input jack and there is a 1/4-inch output jack for amplifying the sound externally with an amp or sound system. An 1/8-inch insert jack allows users to connect the ToneWoodAmp to an iOS device for additional processing or even adding virtual instrument sounds, and two USB jacks are provided for firmware upgrades and future applications.
Installation is extremely easy and takes only a few minutes. Hearing processed effects coming from an acoustic guitar’s sound hole is a mind-blowing experience, and the sounds are uncannily warm and organic. Plugged into an external amp, the effects remain equally impressive, and the main unit allows users to adjust the balance of dry and processed signals.
Multi-effect for acoustic guitar
- No amplification necessary – the effect emanates from the sound hole of the guitar
- Easy to install, held in place by magnets
- 8 built-in effects, such as: reverb, delay, tremolo, leslie, auto-wah, overdrive
- Controllable effect parameters
- 10 memory locations
- Instrument input: 1/4″ jack
- Output PA / amp: 1/4″ jack
- Input / Output: iOS device
- Battery operation via 3 AA batteries, with up to 8 hours of possible operating time
- Incl. installation fixture (X-brace) and connection cable