Strymon Compadre dual voice compressor with boost
Bring out your amp’s character in ways you never thought possible. Compadre’s Class A JFET input circuit, studio quality analog compression, and musically voiced analog boost circuits all work together to make your amp sound like it was just modified by a world-class boutique amp designer.
Compadre gives you everything you need to shape your front end tone, and nothing to slow you down. Auto makeup gain and auto threshold mean that all you have to do is turn up the Compression knob to dial in the desired amount. Compadre’s wide variety of tone shaping features are all designed to easily sound great across a wide variety of settings.
Choose between two compression circuits, each with its own unique character. Studio mode gives you the smooth, beautifully transparent compression typically found in the best vintage studio rack units. For a harder compression effect typical of classic guitar pedals, Compadre’s Squeeze mode is designed to deliver heavy compression with maximum sustain.
Compadre gives you two distinct analog boost circuits: a clean boost, and a dirty boost that introduces soft clipping, characteristic of an overdrive pedal. The selectable boost EQ ensures the perfect compliment to any guitar and amp combination. Add sparkle and shine with a treble boost, fatten your tone with the midrange boost, or level up the full frequency range with flat mode.
- Selectable True Bypass (electromechanical relay switching) or ultra low-noise Buffered Bypass
- Strong and lightweight anodized dark red aluminum chassis
- 9V DC power supply included. Power requirements: maximum 9 volts DC center-negative, with a minimum of 150mA of current
- Compressor Signal/Noise: 109 dB typical
- Dimensions: 4.5” deep x 4” wide x 1.75” tall (11.4 cm deep x 10.2 cm wide x 4.4 cm tall)
- Designed and built in the USA