Shure Beta 58A Dynamic Supercardioid Microphone
The Beta 58A is a high-output supercardioid dynamic vocal microphone designed for professional sound reinforcement and project studio recording. It has become a leading choice among vocalists and touring professionals worldwide.
It maintains a true supercardioid pattern throughout its frequency range, ensuring high gain before feedback, maximum isolation from other sound sources, and minimum off-axis tone coloration. It boasts a shaped frequency response that is ideal for close-up vocals. The superb performance of this microphone is not affected by rough handling because of its rugged construction, proven shock mount system, and hardened steel mesh grille.
• Frequency response (50Hz – 16kHz) tailored for vocals, with brightened midrange and bass rolloff to control proximity effect
• Uniform supercardioid pattern for high gain before feedback and superior rejection of off-axis sound
• Neodymium magnet for high signal-to-noise output
• Hardened steel mesh grille that resists wear and abuse
• Advanced pneumatic shock mount system that minimizes transmission of mechanical noise and vibration
• Minimally effected by varying load impedance
• Legendary Shure quality and reliability
Shure Beta 58A Dynamic Vocal Microphone Specifications
- Type: Dynamic (moving coil)
- Frequency Response: 50 to 16,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern: Supercardioid, rotationally symmetrical about microphone axis, uniform with frequency
- Output Level (at 1,000 Hz): Open Circuit Voltage: –51.5 dBV/Pa* (2.7 mV)
*1 Pa = 94 dB SPL
- Impedance: Rated impedance is 150 ohms (290 ohms actual) for connection to microphone inputs rated low Z
- Phasing: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3.
- Case: Silver blue enamel-painted die cast metal with hardened, matte-finished, spherical steel mesh grille
- Adjustable, Stand Adapter: Slip-in microphone mounting, unbreakable, adjustable through 180° with standard 5/8-27 inch thread, black finish
- Dimensions: 160 x 50 mm (6.5 x 2)
- Net Weight: 278 grams (9.92 oz)
- Furnished accessories: Adjustable Stand Adapter, 5/8 to 3/8 inch (Euro) Thread Adapter, Storage Bag